Sunday, July 27, 2014

Grateful

Today was our last full day in Haiti. We began our Sunday basking in joyous worship at Grace Village Church in Titanye. Church here is nothing like I have seen before and I want more of it! Jeff and Lucina sang during church and everyone was mesmerized. It was hard to say goodbye to many of our new friends at Grace. There is so much love here.  We were hugging people we've only known for a few days like we hug our family before a long goodbye. They are now our family too.  I find myself desperate to know more about my new family and follow their lives after we leave. I can't fathom not knowing, and so I try not to think about it except to ask God to keep us connected.




After Grace we drove to the top of the mountain to take in God's beautiful creation and support the local economy by shopping. We were blessed to be able to bring Lucina, James, Dickinson, and Davidson with us for the day. Haiti is very beautiful, and it is very apparent from atop a mountain looking out. Seeing them experience this part of Haiti was special. Through this entire trip it was watching our Haitian friends live these experiences with us that was my favorite thing. I've learned so much from them.



Upon arriving back at the guest house both Healing Haiti teams and some of the neighborhood kids gathered to witness the very gifted Lucina and Jeff sing. Oh those voices!  They use their gift to bring joy to others and share their faith. For this many (including myself) are grateful.
One last trip to the pool at the Visa Lodge for a refreshing swim. Thank you Ashley for bringing an underwater camera so we could take ridiculous pictures.



We ended our day reflecting on our experiences in Haiti and our anticipation of what is to come when we arrive back home. What do we do now? What is God trying to tell us? I know one thing, we were called to be the change we wish to see in the world and it starts one person at a time.

Stacy (Nacho) Roe

No comments:

Post a Comment